12.11.08

the morning after a quarter century

I’m freezing.

Here’s what I did tonight. I need to remember. Went to Tsunami. Got phone calls from mom, Jane, A and dad. Texts from Meredith and Dutta. Saw Katharina and I still have her wallet.

Drank a dry manhattan and a couple sips of Sam Adams. Did crossword with brendan. (wow.) danced when the 80s music came on (and tsunami turned into a club). Winn, L, raffi and J wright showed up…winn bought me a drink. Bummed a cig off peter and L. Danced a lot. Walker came. Danced and ran around in the rain and got quite soaked. Walker swung me around briefly. Went out for some air and overheard brendan talking to one of the Tsunami types about probably his ex. Went for a head-clearing walk with peter (didn’t work) and talked about why I have a Bible-study thing as my homepage. Irreverence was my theme. Came back, danced a little bit more, sipped off winn’s mojito and walker’s tequila-and-sprite. Then I got a walk home from yef, who wasn't what I wanted.

Never been this dizzy before. And I know L noticed. Wonder what will get back to whom and how.

Wish I could loosen up.

(originally written 10.11.07, 2.00 am)

No comments: